- RT @amNewYork: The new eats slated for @CitiField? Pretty amazin' in.amny.com/2mYHhoI https://t.co/jr1JhOyA2G 14 hours ago
- @RosenbergScottA No one's gonna keep them down 16 hours ago
- Today in random things I had to check the spelling of: "Chumbawamba" 17 hours ago
- RT @amNewYork: Watch live: Pups celebrating #NationalPuppyDay at the @ASPCA's Upper East Side adoption center in.amny.com/2nHOv45 https… 18 hours ago
- Figured what the hell, I'll try it. #glutenfree #starbucks instagram.com/p/BR_RnHAh5dT/ 18 hours ago
Category Archives: Music
In college I made it somewhat of a mission to check out Balkan brass bands and parties like they’d throw at Mehanata or Barbes. It just seemed like a good time. No surprise that the Golden Festival, a celebration of … Continue reading
Jalopy in Red Hook is the place for roots music almost any night of the week. But that’s especially so this week, thanks to a 20-plus musician showcase put together by Ken Waldman, aka “Alaska’s Fiddling Poet.” I previewed the … Continue reading
This Elvis birthday bash at Radio Bushwick is truly fit for a king. In one night, you can hear four rockabilly bands (including the Screamin’ Rebel Angels, pictured) and participate in a Elvis-themed dance, costume and trivia contests. I talked with … Continue reading
The last place you probably want to be right now is outside for an extended period of time. But the one-day Make Music Winter festival might just drag you out. I rounded up all the parades happening in Brooklyn for … Continue reading
For the week leading up to Oct. 31, it’s like every day is Halloween. I rounded up some of the more promising events for the Brooklyn Paper – including an inspired tribute band to Dionne Warwick called Dionne Werewolf.
For the past 10 years, Slavic Soul Party has been bringing fiery Balkan beats to Barbes in Brooklyn (alliteration unavoidable). Now that’s something to celebrate. This week, I preview the September 10 anniversary show for the Brooklyn Paper.