- RT @amNewYork: With #CiderWeekNYC starting Friday, we spoke to cider evangelist Peter Yi about his ❤ for the oft-overlooked drink https://t… 2 days ago
- It took wine connoisseur Peter Yi a few tries before coming around to cider. Now, he makes it. in.amny.com/2xTbNKd 2 days ago
- RT @AubernaLevy: I spoke to the self-proclaimed creator of the everything bagel, who lives in Howard Beach, and he's a riot https://t.co/EZ… 2 days ago
- RT @Jill_Jorgensen: Me: "What is your favorite Simpsons episode?" @NYCMayor: "Oh man, my favorite episode? How much time do you have?" Me:… 2 days ago
- RT @amNewYork: Everything bagel seasoning has taken over the American palate. The Everything 🍩 is just the tip of the iceberg https://t.co/… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Art
The Brooklyn Museum’s next big show is a retrospective of Jean Paul Gaultier – the man behind Madonna’s pink cone bra, and much, much more. Advertisements
There is an unintentional theme in this weekend’s Dumbo Arts Festival – works inspired by Hurricane Sandy. I look at the works in a preview for the Brooklyn Paper.
Frederick Law Olmsted is one of those names that trivia questions are built around. He was one of the designers behind such public spaces as Central Park, Prospect Park, and Niagara Falls (the other being – pop quiz! – Calvert Vaux), … Continue reading
This week for the Houston Press, I check out Emily Joyce’s coded silkscreen prints at Inman Gallery and Jay Giroux’s street art style paintings at Devin Borden Gallery. This is my last batch of reviews for the alt-weekly, as I’ll … Continue reading
This week for the Houston Press, I reviewed a juried exhibition of prints at the Museum of Printing History and an exploration of 3D printing and CAD-aided design in the craft world at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Both … Continue reading
For the Houston Press this week, I soak in Libbie J. Masterson’s photography at Catherine Couturier Gallery and spend time with Britt Ragsdale’s classic film-inspired videos at Fresh Arts. It was all about film.