- RT @amNewYork: With #CiderWeekNYC starting Friday, we spoke to cider evangelist Peter Yi about his ❤ for the oft-overlooked drink https://t… 2 days ago
- It took wine connoisseur Peter Yi a few tries before coming around to cider. Now, he makes it. in.amny.com/2xTbNKd 2 days ago
- RT @AubernaLevy: I spoke to the self-proclaimed creator of the everything bagel, who lives in Howard Beach, and he's a riot https://t.co/EZ… 2 days ago
- RT @Jill_Jorgensen: Me: "What is your favorite Simpsons episode?" @NYCMayor: "Oh man, my favorite episode? How much time do you have?" Me:… 2 days ago
- RT @amNewYork: Everything bagel seasoning has taken over the American palate. The Everything 🍩 is just the tip of the iceberg https://t.co/… 2 days ago
Monthly Archives: June 2013
This week for the Houston Press, I reviewed a juried exhibition of prints at the Museum of Printing History and an exploration of 3D printing and CAD-aided design in the craft world at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Both … Continue reading
For the Houston Press this week, I soak in Libbie J. Masterson’s photography at Catherine Couturier Gallery and spend time with Britt Ragsdale’s classic film-inspired videos at Fresh Arts. It was all about film.
I wanted to know what the top reads for the summer are, so I called up a few of the best local Houston bookstores and asked them for their picks. In the process, I also had some fun with Picasa … Continue reading
For the Houston Press this week, I explore the celestial at McClain Gallery and appreciate the aesthetic qualities of the plumb bob at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft.
During a recent visit to Mid-Main, I stumbled upon a new store called The Tinderbox that’s part-handcrafted emporium, part-artisan studio. After opening in April, it become part of a pretty strong craft scene in Houston, so I decided to take … Continue reading